5/11/2020 0 Comments
How to Remove Gel Polish at Home
You will need:
• A rough grit nail file
• A fine grit nail file
• A soft nail buffer
• Pre-cut squares of tin foil
• Nail Wipes / Cotton Wool Discs
• Orangewood Stick
• Cuticle Oil/ Cuticle Conditioner/ Hand Cream
Step 1: Using the rough side of your nail file, file firmly across the top of your UV polish. This creates scratches in the top seal that will allow the acetone to penetrate easily. You need to get through the top gel layer to the colour underneath. Take extreme care not to file your natural nail, to prevent damage to your nail plate. If you feel heat or discomfort – stop.
Step 2: Cut the nail wipe/cotton wool into quarters and soak with acetone. Please take care when using acetone at home. It is a solvent and if spilled can affect painted or varnished surfaces. It is advisable to place a protective layer on your surface.
Step 3: Place the piece of nail wipe/cotton wool onto the nail and wrap the nail in tin foil, repeat on all 10 nails. Soak for approx 10 minutes. This should be done one hand at a time.
Step 4: Remove the tin foil from one nail, the product should look lifted and crumbly. Using the orangewood stick, scrape any product from the nail plate. Repeat for each nail. If the product is tough to remove just wrap it back up with some fresh acetone and wait another couple of minutes.
Step 5: One all product is removed, carry out a mini manicure.
• Trim and file the free edge of the nails, use the smoother side of your file.
• Soak the nails in warm water to soften the cuticles so you can push them back with your orangewood stick. You can even use your thumb nail in a pinch.
• Buff the nails very lightly to remove any dry or dead cells, take care not to buff too much as you can thin out the nail plate.
• Apply cuticle oil/cuticle conditioner/hand cream and massage into the cuticle area of the nails.
We have a Gel Polish / Acrylic nail removal kit available to purchase on our online store.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Our Salon Team
Our team have a wealth of experience in the beauty industry, with varied & interesting experiences in their careers that they are excited to share with you. They will provide lots of varied informational posts including skincare, nails, behind the scenes, product information, how to's, and much more.
All Beauty Tutorials Nails Salon News Skincare Skin Treatments Sun Safe
Caroline's Beauty Room
12 Lower Main Street, Rush, Co. Dublin, K56 YP22
Phone 01 8071007
Text 083 3073399
We aim to respond to all email queries within 48 hours, excluding national holidays.